Unparalleled. Unprecedented. Unrivaled. One of Philadelphia’s most prominent 1920’s Beaux-Arts buildings, Aria, located at 1425 Locust St., is superior residential living in Center City.
5 WAYS TO BRING NATURE INTO YOUR HOME
1. Choosing natural elements that make you feel at peaceOne of the reasons we love nature so much is our inherent connection to the outdoors and to natural elements that are living or decor that was living such as wood, cotton, leather and seagrass to name a few. Choosing materials that resonate with your personal style is the first step for bringing them into your home. One homeowner may enjoy the rugged nature of natural rock walls in their kitchen – while another may prefer the more sophisticated flair of dark mahogany flooring in their living room. Choose natural elements that incorporate your style and connect you to your interiors.
2. Brick as a backdrop or as a focal pointIn the early years of brick making the natural process of using mud, clay and water and firing it at high temperatures to produce a solid and sturdy building component material were born. Today in modern design the appeal of brick is untouched by many materials. Its uniformity in pattern makes a gorgeous backdrop for urban lofts as well as adds texture and color to any room. Choose to leave brick in its natural state as a focal point or paint over brick to use it as a subtle backdrop to showcase its reveals.
3. Wood as a finish has the ability to transform your mind and soulFor many homeowners wood is one of the only materials that can be finished to look like shiny marble or can be left raw and unstained to reveal its gorgeous imperfections of knots and grains. Bringing wood into your interiors is one of the easiest and warmest of natural materials and comes in a variety of finishes, species and applications. From flooring to ceiling beams wood also can be reclaimed and refinished from older buildings to keep its life sustainability ongoing for years in your home.
4. Natural wood furniture reveals craftsmanship at its finestWood furniture is one of the most popular as it is durable, beautiful and wood can be finished in any way imaginable. Look to artisan crafted furniture if you prefer a rustic and country appeal to your interiors, or look to antique wood bedroom and living furniture to bring back the nostalgia of early turn of the century home living. If your interiors prefer a contemporary appeal, wood furniture with minimal lines that is free from ornamentation can create show-stopping appeal in your kitchen bar stools or in your sleek headboard in your bedroom.
5. The new trend of bringing nature to every room of your homeWhile bringing natural finishes into your home isn’t a new concept. The concept of bringing nature to every room of your interiors is a game changer for many homeowners. Whether you look to organic sheets and bedding in your bedroom adorned with birds and rustic leaves or you enjoy a bubbling Zen fountain in your home office, nature can find itself into any space of your life. Design your room around what makes you emotionally charged, excited, calmed or soothed and feel how nature plays a role in your interiors.
Continue reading ding about the BEST of Philly's Art, Eats, Design & Real Estate at BOOTS & CO. magazine
BOOTS & CO.
The Right Fit.
We are so much more than a full service real estate firm; we're a group of talented people with a passion for finding the best way of living. People who make every effort to help you live who you are.....